Friday, September 18, 2009

the hidden, the small, the beautiful

today i was inspired to craft poetry out of pictures shared with me by blogger Christer (do follow his beautiful blog: thecottagebythecranelake.blogspot.com)...he did so many beautiful photos and the thought just popped into my mind. i'd like to thank him for sharing these, so my way of giving back the wonderful gesture of sharing is to write poetry. here goes...

the hidden, the small, the beautiful

i languished in grief and loss
to think of the wise old woman
by the church gate
she mumbled words
i took to heart
it was a cloudy day i remember




i shed tears
and the past recollections
of the years
gone, tucked within
the archives
of Life's pleasures...
i began to look
deep
in every place
where treasures
may be...

i looked, not up
not around,
for the spaces
were vast, wide,
open...




i traveled far,
walked paths
winding,
roads narrow,
and less traveled...





parched, dry,
exhausted, i
looked down,
down, on the ground,
i looked
at Earth
and found...





a tiny violet
smiling, brilliant,
lavish,
calling me to
wander into her
world
but where?
and walked
farther...



and oh my sense
of awe and wonder
has pricked
all other senses
for lo and behold
i would have missed
a green creature
if not for
the grass kissed
my hand
as my foot chanced
upon
a toadstool...



as deeper into
the woods i
looked...
wonder of all
wonders
i almost could not see
the weaving of a
spider,
i gasped in glee




remembering purple
when i mourned
for a friend lost
in cavernous thoughts
fleeing
from life, hard
and scorned
i sought her
and what to my delight
a precious sight,
my friend and her dancer
to the music of life
together...




still i wandered about
meandering paths

walking
but not grieving
remembering the
wise old woman
who mumbled
words

for somehow
in my little
adventures
i have found pleasures of
love, light
and life...
in things hidden, small,
beautiful...


thanks very much for photos of Christer

w.w.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem! I´m honored that You wanted to use my pictures!
    Take care and have a great day!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm eternally greatful Christer!
    you have shared much, so i felt it was just so important to return the good feeling. and it was a healing moment for me too...

    have a good and beautiful day!

    w.w.

    ReplyDelete
  3. womanwisdom, this is a most insightful poem. You shared a bit of yourself and your daily trials. Thank you. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´ve just heard about the terrible tyfoon You´ve had! I really hope You got through it without troubles!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete